Monday, April 9, 2012

Texas

     We just got back last Wednesday from Texas where Marek, McKenna, my mom and I spent a week with my brother and his family. Just thinking about that beautiful sunny 80 degree weather makes me wish we where still there! I have to admit that I was a little overwhelmed thinking about traveling with 2 kids for the first time, but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well both of my kiddos handled the trip. None of the screaming freak out situations that I had envisioned came to fruition and we all made it in one piece. Once there we had a wonderful time. Working around nap times and eating schedules we actually managed to do a lot. Marek had a blast hanging out with his cousin Knox and it was so great to spend time with Kyle and Stacie! I so loved just being able to go on walks and simply being outside. Something we haven't been able to do in Spokane for quite sometime without being bundled up in winter apparel. Leaving was definitely the worst part especially due to the fact that our flight left at 6:00 am which meant we had to leave for the airport at 4:00am. Although I suppose what was worse then leaving was coming home to a snow blanketed Spokane where the temperature was a not so delightful 38 degrees. Kyle and Stacie just so you know I think we might be seriously thinking about moving to Texas! :)

Knox and Marek playing at a local gymnastics kids play hour.

Jumpy bus

Exiting the jumpy bus only to run back to get inside again.

Miss McKenna hanging out in the shade.

Marek helping Uncle Kyle wash the now sold Beetle.

Fun with water!


No comments:

Post a Comment