Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Getting Our Holiday Bake On

My mom ever so graciously took the kiddos today and is keeping them overnight until tomorrow after their naps, which allowed us to get all of our Christmas baking done! I have to admit when it comes to things like this I do have one of the best husbands in the world! By that I mean we do it together. From making the doughs to frosting the cookies he is right there in the kitchen helping me out the whole time. This year he even made two batches of chex mix all by himself as well. I'm glad the baking is over, but we actually did have fun doing it together!  5 1/2 hours of baking, 6 dozen peanut butter blossoms, 2 dozen peppermint meltaways, 10 dozen cutouts frosted as well, two batches of chex mix, and a partridge in a pear tree. :)

Brandon mixing his chex mix together
Me rolling out the peanut butter blossoms
Carefully laying out his chex mix to dry
Peppermint meltaways
Peanut butter blossoms
Almost there - just sugar cookies left to frost
Done! We had tons more, but we already had put the plates together to give away! Not to bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment