Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Paint Project

Let me start off by saying that at times I'll admit that I can be a pretty anal mom about doing projects with my kids that are messy. They aren't fun for me, even if the kids are having a blast. Throughout the whole project/activity I am constantly thinking of what I am going to have to clean up, as well as how I am going to get the stains out of their clothes. With that being said, I know I need to push myself to let go and let my kids have some good old fashioned MESSY fun. This weekend I was searching through the hundreds of kids craft pins I have on my Pinterest account and I decided to actually do some. Today's project was making paints out of condensed milk (the paint dries really shiny and pretty). It was super easy and Marek had a lot of fun painting. Miss McKenna stuck to crayons....I could only take so much of the messiness. I know...small steps! :)

 What we needed for the project: ice cube try, condensed milk, food coloring, paper, and paint brushes.
 
 Working on his first master piece...he said that the paints smelt like cheese! :)
 
 Concentrating!
 
 McKenna getting in on a little finger painting.
 
 Such a BIG girl!
 
 Showing off his handy work.
 
The finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment